Maintaining the results of a professional teeth whitening cosmetic dentistry Summit procedure is crucial. Avoiding staining your teeth, especially in the weeks following treatment, protects both your teeth and your investment.
Immediately After Having Your Teeth Whitened by a Professional
Remember that your teeth are more porous and susceptible to erosion and staining in the days and weeks following your whitening operation.
- Avoid using tobacco in any form.
- Use a soft toothbrush and toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth if you are feeling sensitive.
- Do not use anything other than white, clear, or light-colored toothpaste and mouthwash if you want to avoid staining your teeth and gums faster than necessary.
- You should stay away from foods and drinks that are heavy in sugar or acid, as well as those that are black or highly colored.
- Dark fruits such as berries, pomegranates, and grapes
- Fruits with a high citric acid content
- Sweet and chewy treats
- Some Forms of Cheese
- Canned and processed meats and seafood
- Protein-rich foods
- Crispy potato snacks
- Intoxicants derived from citrus fruits
- Juices made of apples, pineapples, and grapes
- Soda pops
- Espresso and tea
You should prioritize eating more of the following:
- Blank noodles
- Raw rice
- A Chickpea
- Cauliflower Side Dish
- Cod, haddock, and tilapia are examples of white fish.
- Authentic, all-natural cheeses
- Whites of eggs
- Regular yogurt
- Oatmeal and cold cereal without any added dyes
- Almonds, cashews, and other soft nuts
- Carbonated water, either flavored or unflavored
- Coconut milk water
- Candy made with coconut milk
White chocolate, vanilla ice cream, and other white desserts are safe bets for those with a sweet craving that will not go away. Just be sure to brush your teeth 30 minutes to an hour after indulging, but you should wait a bit after eating sugar before brushing to prevent enamel degradation. You may protect your freshly whitened smile by rinsing your mouth with water in the meantime.
While you should refrain from drinking alcohol for several weeks after your teeth whitening treatment, if social circumstances make this impossible, it is recommended that you sip via a straw and consume only clear alcoholic beverages and mixers. Red wine can discolor your teeth; white wine is very acidic, so it is best to avoid both.
When to Eat Regularly Again After Having Your Teeth Professionally Whitened
After the third or fourth week, you can return to a more typical diet. You should also drink more water, brush your teeth more frequently, and rinse your mouth out with water after consuming sugary or acidic meals or drinks.